More Woodland Work


I have continued to work on my Woodlands project. Recently focused more on Holme Fen being winter and the ground is not quite so muddy there. This winter segment is challenging but in the right light the birch trees are spectacular. I have also begun printing some of the black and white work as well.

This first one is a subject I have returned to get it just right. I am in the process of making a print (16"x20") but it is surprisingly challenging to get something I like.

Fallen Oak
I have managed a unique image that I printed as a transparency contact print sized 4" x 5" developed with a brown almost sepia tone. I mounted it on a sheet of aluminum foil to give a greater reflective quality. Framed on the wall it has a mesmerizing 3D quality to it. 

 I also managed to capture early morning light on the frost. I shot these with Fuji Velvia slide film. One has a brown color palette while the other is a strong green. 

Add caption



The morning light warming the silver birches. 

The same in black and white. 

Finally one I call 'Down the Path' that I printed in the darkroom exposing it in a very high key fashion. 




Comments